» General Discussion

Discrepancy between trade record and rosters

Feb. 24, 2011
2:28:07 pm

In my league two teams made a quasi-simultaneous free agent pickup. The transaction record shows Will Bynum going to team "Haagsche":

Transaction #99 - 02/24 11:22:42 - NijTown drops C Kendrick Perkins (BOS).

Transaction #98 - 02/24 11:22:24 - Haagsche drops G Brandon Jennings (MIL) and picks up G Will Bynum (DET)

While the rosters show Bynum on team "NijTown" and "Haagsche" left with only 11 players.
Apparently both owners pushed the "save lineup"-button almost exactly at the same time. NijTown used the old lineup page, Haagsche used the new page.

Can any of the admins tell me how this discrepancy is possible?

The owner of team Haagsche feels cheated. I happen to be the owner of NijTown, as well as the commish for this league. But I don't want this conflict to get out of hand.

Feb. 25, 2011
6:42:25 am

I am the owner of team Haagsche and first let me make clear that I don't feel cheated by NijTown.
I do think that I am disadvantaged by a bug in the system, because I and eviltwin wanted the same player in a rather short time interval and I was a bit earlier. (So not almost exactly the same time.)

Let me give a time line:

1) I select Will Bynum and shift him into my team.
2) I move Brandon Jennings to place 13.
3) I hit save lineup and in popup I click OK.
4) The page reloads and I get my team with Bynum and without Jennings.
5) I change the order of some players from my team and hit Save Lineup again.
6) The page reloads and there are only 11 players left. Will Bynum is gone.

End timeline.

So I think the most plausible explanation is that I was around 18 seconds earlier than eviltwin and that something in the database was incorrectly overwritten, because of lack of proper synchronization.

I hope the admins can give a 100% sure answer what happened and fix this error.

Reply: