» General Discussion

Short-term suggestions for mobile browsing?

Jan. 8, 2013
4:13:37 pm

We all know that a Sports.ws app would be the most fantastic thing ever. That's on the agenda and something that we Pray to MJ we'll be able to swing sooner rather than later.

In the MEANTIME, however, we can make things a little bit easier for those of you looking to update your teams from the browsers on your phones/tablets, etc.

While a designated mobile-optimized version of the site, and obviously an app itself, would be ideal - consider this post right here a forum to suggest tweaks to the current version of the site. Things that we could consider doing to the current pages to make them better on your phone (bigger buttons, less pages opening in new windows, etc.)

Jan. 8, 2013
5:08:00 pm

I'm currently having no troubles using the site on my Android Samsung S2 device using the Firefox browser - just need to switch to the "Use the old" for any lineup adjustments:
http://hoops.sports.ws/league/old_lineup.x

A mobile version of the site would reduce the amount of pinch zooming necessary to hit the right button though ;)

Jan. 8, 2013
6:41:19 pm

I see two issues on the mobile browsers:

1) As mentioned the lineup adjustments (add & drop) on the mobile browser doesn't allow the drag and drop to work. The old version works but is a little annoying to use.

2) The projected stats page lets you do the adjustments to your existing lineup, but every time you click on a row the virtual keyboard pops up as the fields are input fields instead of labels.

Neither of these are a major issue, just annoying on the mobile browsers. =)

Jan. 9, 2013
12:00:23 pm

Please... dont do an app. Just do a good mobile version of the page

Jan. 10, 2013
11:59:16 am

Mobile app would be easy to develop and user-friendly.

Jan. 10, 2013
11:58:38 pm

I think a mobile app would be great, I just need to get a phone smart enough to run one.

Jan. 11, 2013
4:37:47 am

Rocking the 2001 Razor?

Reply: