» General Discussion

How does schedule work?

Oct. 25, 2013
9:37:08 pm

Hi everybody,
in my league of 14 teams, I set only one division and two rounds of playoff (1 to 8 seeds) at the best of 5 games each round (overall playoff games 15).
The regular season is made by 67 games.
In theory, I would have expected to play with other teams 5 times (5*13=65) and 6 times with two.
In the schedule page, I see that One teams will play seven games with 3 teams, and three games with one.

I would like to know if this strange behavior could be solved.

Thaanks !!!

Oct. 28, 2013
4:07:58 pm

it's random i think, it's not perfect mathematics

Nov. 27, 2014
4:24:53 pm

Do you know how to fix that problem?

Dec. 1, 2014
3:15:06 am

Hey guys, the schedule is absolutely random, and we actually hate it here. We don't like how a team may play against one team 10 times, and then another team only once, if at all, and leagues now have divisions and conferences that don't at all take that into consideration.

One of our big goals for next season is to produce balanced, and division/conference heavy schedules that better simulate a real NBA schedule, but scaled to how many teams are in a league of yours, and we'd also like to make them more customizable to individual leagues. Right now, for example, we have one schedule used for any league with 10 teams, one schedule for any league with 12 teams, etc. If we changed the schedule for one league with 12 teams, we'd be changing the schedule for all leagues with 12 teams.

Look for major improvements in this area in 2015-16!

Reply: