» General Discussion

Position rookies

Jun. 6, 2018
7:56:25 am
When we can see in the site the position of new rookie?

Jun. 6, 2018
9:35:54 am

Tomorrow

Jun. 6, 2018
9:41:37 am

Thank you for your kind question Mr. Alerimo24.
Unfortunately, due to technical, problem we are still working on that.
We hope to release rokies' positioning and relative data on 1 july at the latest.
Thank you for your comprehension.

May we take this opportunity to wish you another glorious season.

Best regards,
Sportws Staff.

Jun. 6, 2018
1:44:18 pm

Hi Alerimo24. Wardell is unfortunately not an official member of the Sports.ws Staff but I am in.

Rookie positions were taken from DraftExpress.com last year and I may do that again.

That way there's no uncertainty. Commissioners, of course, can change these positions in their own leagues if they wish.

Returning players will go through the position amalgamation tool from last year: http://thegp.sports.ws/sports-ws-player-position-options/

AK

Jun. 23, 2018
5:22:52 pm

HI!
Draftexpress moved to Espn.. and there they describe player as PG-SG-SF-PF-C.. so what to expect?

Jun. 23, 2018
8:08:10 pm

They had duals in their mock draft, when appropriate: http://www.espn.com/nba/insider/story/_/id/23509884/2018-nba-mock-draft-teams-deandre-ayton-luka-doncic-trae-young-lottery

Positions were set a few days ago, so what you see on their profiles is what their defaults will be this season.

Dec. 20, 2018
2:01:09 pm
Any chances that some of the positions that WS gives rookies change during the year? Robert Williams for instance is listed as Forward. He's obviously a Centre and has always played at that position. Basketball Reference, Draft Express, ESPN and even Wikipedia (lol) have him all as a pure CENTER.

Dec. 20, 2018
4:26:53 pm

Hey Alessandro. I agree with you that he should be a C but we don't currently update positions during the season. That's something I'd like to explore eventually.

You can propose a position vote within your league from the Vote tab, however, and that would rectify your situation.

AK

Jun. 21, 2019
11:01:16 am

Some info for this year?

Jun. 22, 2019
1:51:53 am

I'm basing positions off of Tankathon. Site should be open in the next few days.

Jun. 22, 2019
1:52:36 am

I'm basing positions off of Tankathon. Site should be open in the next few days.

Jul. 6, 2019
2:28:40 am
Holler if you want some input for the position eligibility.

Reply: