» General Discussion

Ads Removed From Mobile Draft Page

Sep. 18, 2018
3:43:31 am

Hey guys. Just wanted to chime in here and say that I've removed ads from the draft page (on mobile). The clunkiness of the ad campaigns (which is unfortunately out of my control) was interfering with the robust draft page and really impacting performance. I obviously don't want people resenting having to check their drafts on their cell phones so that page is now 100% ad free.

Happy Drafting!

Ads are a necessary evil and they keep Sports.ws in business but there are other ways to support the site while getting rid of them altogether. For $20 you can upgrade to the SportsWS+ VIP package and get a completely ad-free website (mobile or desktop) while also getting a few extra commissioner privileges. If that interests you, I encourage you to go here: https://basketball.sports.ws/vip.x

Sep. 18, 2018
12:10:23 pm

I have donated 20 dollars also this year. I am happy doing that because all the excellent work you do to keep this community alive

Sep. 18, 2018
12:29:03 pm

We all should DONATE people. Not only is absolutely worthy in exchange for what we get back from the site, but also ... let's be honest, it's the same money we spend in... what? a couple of drinks in a bar? come on. We talk about a whole year of fun in hoops.

Donate or ... donate. ;)

Sep. 18, 2018
12:31:11 pm

And thanks for removing that ads. Being able to surf the web right with the mobile phones is esential :)

Reply: