» General Discussion

AK's Opening Night Notes

Oct. 17, 2018
5:53:38 pm

Hey guys. Last night was the first night of the season and things went semi-smoothly. The first day of the season is always a bit of a wildcard so here's what went down and what you guys should know heading forward...

1. There were some funky things going on with scoring last night. Our stat provider was publishing stats on time and everything on Sports.ws' end worked smoothly, HOWEVER, the provider was omitting minutes played... which is kind of a big deal here. This led to a few indirect issues but most of those were wrapped up when I manually added the minutes played. I've been informed that the minute issue will not be a concern heading forward.

2. It's been brought to my attention that the wins and losses didn't count for the Boston or Golden State games. This is almost certainly tied into the minute issues. I'll make sure to rectify this when I get a minute.

3. Yesterday I made a somewhat significant change to the commissioner admin panel, it still looks the same but now commissioners will have authority to change their schedule settings (conference/division alignment, playoff settings, etc.) when their league is in "Season" mode. Previously I shut this down as soon as the Draft ended because it was a nightmare to get it to cooperate with our Schedule Generator. Fortunately, the improvements I made to the schedule tool earlier this month afforded us this luxury. Tampering with the scheduling during the season can potentially lead to in-season shenanigans but I suspect that this change will help more than it hurts.

4. I haven't done this part yet but I am leaning toward making a similar change to the scoring settings. Again, this could be abused, but it would likely help more than it would hurt. If you're one of the many who messaged support with last-minute scoring system changes, I'll send you a note when it's complete and you can go adjust things for yourself.

5. I intend to add a new Notification that will alert leaguemates when a commissioner edits the scoring settings or the schedule settings. Keep an eye out for this.

6. I'll be diving into support requests again today, so if you haven't heard back from support it's because I've been busy dealing with the transition into the new season. In the future, if you have elaborate league requirements or just aren't familiar with the keeper league reactivation process, I'd advise getting your leagues in order prior to October so that I'll have more time to assist.

7. Jayson Tatum got Kobe blood.

Oct. 17, 2018
7:53:07 pm

4 & 5 are now complete.

Oct. 17, 2018
8:32:01 pm

1 & 2 are fully operational now.

Oct. 17, 2018
8:39:20 pm

Can you please look at our league, we signed up, did the whole draft and everything, yet i cant find our league, its named ' Low Ballers '
I believe it just needs to be activated ?

Oct. 18, 2018
8:34:39 am

Ak what s about the users stats of last year?

Reply: