» General Discussion

Things I'm working on (July 2019)...

Jul. 10, 2019
5:07:08 am

Dynasty/Keeper League Stuff
-Expanding salary functionality. You can already see player contracts up to 2022-23. I still need to add NEW deals though (signed as of July 6th). I'd also like to add a salary cap. I'll start with a hard cap set at the luxury tax mark ($132 million). So you won't be able to add players that put you above that mark.
-Adding custom salaries. Rather than just letting users use real NBA salaries, I'd like to let commissioners customize their league salary caps (and each player's salary). Many of our keepers handle salaries offline. While I won't have a formal bidding tool in place at the site, commissioners will at least be able to import the data and have it run through the site.
-Refining pick trading. Teams in keeper leagues can now trade their draft picks three years in advance. I still need to clean up how these new trades display in various parts of the site. I'm also wrapping up the commissioner admin panel tool that will let commissioners manually move picks wherever they wish.

Regular Site Stuff
-There have been some rudimentary changes to the Edit Team page. It needs a lot more TLC though.
-I want to rebuild the Trade/Add/Drop pages similar to how I rebuilt the Lineup page when the WNBA season opened.
-There are some refinements I'd like to add to Box Score pages.

More Ambitious Long-Term Things
-Rebuild the User Profile stuff from the ground up. All the data is tracked, so you'll get your championships to brag about. I promise.

Jul. 10, 2019
6:07:06 am
It is good to hear that you are continually looking to upgrade the site so that the users experience will get better and better. Thanks !! Also we & all of our fellow bastards lol are fortunate to have such an active & conscientious commissioner as Cassie. It is a good sign that everyone is already so involved. Thanks again The Boston Strangler

Jul. 10, 2019
8:41:26 pm

Thanks SO much. The new additions are awesome. Salary cap functionality from next year?

Sep. 1, 2019
12:21:42 pm

I am just getting back into hoops.sports the improvements have been great. Any chance we will see 3 team trades in the future. I don't know if any site has been able to figure that out. I am looking forward to the start of the season it looks like a got some really good teams in my league this year so my goal is to just have a winning record maybe playoffs

Reply: