» General Discussion

Sports.ws Update: Oct. 24, 2019

Oct. 24, 2019
7:17:00 am

1. As of Tuesday evening, we pull NBA stats more frequently than ever. Currently we access our stat provider API every 5 minutes. Eventually that will drop down to every 1 minute. Soon the statistics will "refresh" even without you having to refresh your browser.

2. I've added a Classic Box Score OPTION to the new box scores. The old box scores are officially discontinued. Try out the new box scores and see whether you prefer the Modern Box Score option or the Classic Box Score option.

3. You may have noticed that the NEW stats page and the NEW NBA box scores look a bit raw. This is related to our new source of data prompting a lot of changes behind the scenes. We're getting cleaner, faster, stronger code. I've decided to release the unfinished (but functional) pages so that users can take advantage of them. There will be more changes pushed to these pages very soon.

4. The transition to the new data feed has gone well. There are a few quirks to be ironed out (for instance, users in leagues that reward wins/losses have noticed that players are getting (or losing) points even if they didn't actually play in that game. These will be fixed before Game 1 scores tomorrow night.

5. The 2019-20 stats will be piped into player profiles, team pages, etc. very soon. Probably today.

6. I'm trying to post a lot more on Twitter. Follow us there! @SportsWS

Oct. 24, 2019
7:38:17 am

7. Hopping to the top of the list of known issues is a bug where the FM column is appearing blank. That'll be addressed today.

Oct. 24, 2019
10:59:28 am

The New Stats Page is my favourite finally, i can see also Salary column...

Thanks AK31 for your hard work

Oct. 24, 2019
8:41:24 pm

Many thanks for your engagement and commitment to the site trying always to improve user experience!

One last thing I didn't see it mentioned: the home court advantage is not being showed in the box scores. Thanks in adavance.

Oct. 25, 2019
5:08:04 am

Thanks for all the work. especially the newer salary feature.

Are we still using Basketball Reference or are we getting the numbers from a different site. I've noticed different sites are using slightly different figures.

Oct. 25, 2019
7:14:29 am

From the Classic Box score option the links to the players seem to be broken.

Thank you very much for all your work. Btw I can't find the link to support you with a + account, am I blind or has it been taken out?

Oct. 25, 2019
7:45:08 am

@Joak: I believe I've rectified the missing home court advantage values in the box scores. Those values are back. Note that this season, only custom scoring leagues can have home court advantage. Behind the scenes, things work much better that way. If you want home court in a standard/production league, simply create a custom format using your preferred stat values but add home court advantage there. I can help commissioners with this if they'd like.

@Jose: There's no one source. For the current season I like to use Eric Pincus' data at Basketball Reference but this is data by committee. Basketball Reference, Spotrac, Hoops Hype, all have their own areas they do well in.

@Ripper: Fixed those links. Thanks for the heads up. As for VIP, that's available here: https://sports.ws/fantasy-basketball/vip.x. I haven't done much to promote that this season but it will still provide ad-free access, as well as a few additional tools (mostly the commish tool to manually tweak positions and the additional NBA Daily filtering options).

Oct. 25, 2019
7:53:52 am

Hi! When we can see the stats in the add/drop menu? And the second one is can you put the link to the player info in the add/drop menu? Is impossible see the player pushing.to the name

Oct. 25, 2019
7:55:29 am

Cool, just done it. You should definitely promote it more. This website is a lot of fun and you put a lot of work into it.

Another feedback: I liked the links to the other games in the league for that Game Day, but that seems to be gone. Any chance we get them back?

Oct. 25, 2019
8:03:02 am

I see that the stats page has switched from full names to Initial. Surname. It's a small change but It'd be cool to have the full names back so there are no duplicate names, It also looks nicer imo.

Another small issue, the "view complete statistics table" button at the bottom of the add/drop menu links to an empty stats page.

Thanks for your hard work!

Oct. 25, 2019
9:42:34 am

great job AK

only owners stats remains to be filled!

Oct. 25, 2019
1:02:32 pm

Hello, overtime scoring doesnt' appear either. It seems to add up properly, but details can not be seen

Oct. 25, 2019
1:09:19 pm

Any prediction when the players stats on the dasboard, lineup and rosters will be working?

Oct. 25, 2019
2:23:19 pm

Edit: a game ended up tied, an instead of just adding overtime minutes, it added all the fantasy points by all players in both teams. Is this right?

Oct. 25, 2019
5:00:16 pm

Thanks for correcting the home court advantage!

In the League 200043, the first game has not been processed yet...

Oct. 25, 2019
6:40:24 pm

Thanks also for fixing the overtime issue, it is fine now

Oct. 25, 2019
8:10:36 pm

Player stats in the dashboard, and lineup stats for fix the starting lineup, please

Thanks for work

Reply: