» General Discussion

Schedule Re-Built From Scratch (Jan. 30)

Jan. 30, 2022
10:42:46 pm

After messing around trying to fix the schedule that was decimated by postponed matches, I noticed that our scheduled was just deeply flawed, regardless of the covid impacts. Several team schedules, which I initially pulled from ESPN, were very incorrect. Mostly teams like Toronto, Detroit, New Orleans and Detroit.

Rather than continue to fight these one by one, I just re-generated the schedule from scratch so HOPEFULLY this alleviates the series of breakages.

If other aspects of the schedule continue to change, I will update accordingly, but I feel pretty good about the fix.

Thank you for your patience. This schedule has really put a damper on the experience this season but I hope everybody is in a good position to have their playoffs unaffected.

AK

Jan. 30, 2022
11:25:14 pm

Thanks AK for your work.

Feb. 4, 2022
5:46:58 pm

thanks..my team is terrible anyway so no big deal

Feb. 12, 2022
9:12:22 am

Thanks AK!

Feb. 12, 2022
9:12:22 am

Thanks AK!

Feb. 19, 2022
9:40:16 pm
thanks AK!!

Mar. 6, 2022
3:22:51 pm

this messed up completely the first PO turn, this fix (sort of) changed the 8th seed of the PO from one team to another, consequently the eliminated team (supposed to) did not prepared the lineup or pick the adequate free agent and the first 4 matches has been already frozen.
league name is The war of the word.
I understand that this year the schedule has been a mess, but changing at this point of the season is just not fair.
Probably this will be the last year we will use this platform, I'm sorry to say that but it's inevitable.
I understand it's not your fault but sometimes you have to offer a fast fix, if not possible a later fix is definitely worst.

Mar. 8, 2022
1:34:32 pm
Same as @DonnieBrasco. In our league (balldontlie - year2), this rescheduling messed the whole play-off results. For instance, I was 2-0 in the first round, but all of a suddent I am 1-2. Could you please solve this? Thx

Mar. 16, 2022
1:04:03 pm

Sorry DonnieBrasco and Bues, I understand. If there's league consensus, I can manually set your brackets to whatever you wish because I understand your desire to go with what you saw initially.

If your commissioner (or you, if you are the commissioner) wants to run with the original/PRE-resolved bracket, have them reach out and I will set the bracket to whatever they want.

AK

Reply: