» General Discussion

Greg Monroe's future

Jan. 8, 2013
4:06:19 pm

With Andre Drummond in Detroit, do you see Greg Monroe's value rising or dipping? He might still be a good option on Sports.ws, especially in scoring formats that favor rebounds, assists, etc., but what about in real life?

Monroe's done pretty well in his past few games, but I'd say that he's been surprisingly quiet for the majority of the season. Your thoughts? Expectations?

Jan. 9, 2013
12:29:19 am

I think pretty much what you see is what you get. He's not a terribly gifted athlete, so that's not gonna change anytime soon. I foresee a Brad Miller-type career, playing the high post. Not a bad thing at all - Bad Brad was a pretty good fantasy play for a long part of his career.

Jan. 13, 2013
10:33:59 pm

Drummond is still very raw,probably 2/3 years behind being a reliable player. And from what i know from draft evaluations,he is more a defensive kind of player (rebounder/blocker). Monroe is a lot more refined as a player,he can score,he can rebound and he can even pass abobe average as a center.

I agree about your judgement for this season.He can do a lot more,especially in the scoring field, i think. And Detroit for sure needs more points :). By the way,talent is here...i hope motivation to grow also,but we will know the next years.

Jan. 18, 2013
7:06:51 am

Greg Monroe is the man.

Jan. 20, 2013
5:38:26 am

Greg Monroe is the man? Wow, I wish I would have thought of that. What an insightful and poignant statement.

Reply: