» General Discussion

Site re-design

Mar. 5, 2013
12:46:20 am

I am hoping the new owners re-design the site

It looks so old and stale, like it was created in 1997 or something.

Time to get with the times and give it a modern interface and incorporate Flash and other interesting stuff.

If it looks anything like this next season it will be very disappointing.

Mar. 6, 2013
6:41:02 pm

We're definitely looking to make some changes - nothing major or flashy, because functionality is priority No. 1 when it comes to fantasy gaming, but we have some new features that we want to roll out.

Our focus will be to organize and tidy things up a little bit, while adding tools helpful to fantasy users and integrating the news publication capabilities of The Good Point.

Mar. 10, 2013
6:49:18 pm

Functionality is key! Removing all the bugs should be #1 for you guys... so you don't have to do manual fixes all the time!

Making the site look modern can come later but its probably easier than you think. Check out Apple's page for inspiration: http://www.apple.com/
All you need to do is change some colors schemes. Instead of black, make the background white. Make things more rounded and 3d looking instead of the sharp static boxes. Make the colors transition so they go from transparent to the actual color instead of solid colors everywhere. (ok ok, its a lot... but you guys can do it!) ;)

Aug. 18, 2013
6:29:36 pm

These are all good ideas. Come back, Sports.ws!

Aug. 18, 2013
6:52:33 pm

when it starts?

Aug. 22, 2013
1:29:37 am

Soon!

Aug. 22, 2013
1:59:55 am

Sounds good!

Aug. 22, 2013
2:00:34 am

Really good!

Aug. 26, 2013
1:36:09 am

Im a kind of a classic gamer, and prefer the old fashioned black everywhere in the site, but that Blue-White-black and the logo are fine to me. I like them.

Even i like a lot the menu at the top, the blue bar with create, select league logout and online buttons.

By the way, ITS COOL to know how many people is connected to the site with the Online Button. Its my favourite new app by the moment.

Congratulations, keep working like this, and thank you ¡¡¡

Aug. 26, 2013
1:41:17 am

The Searching Tool Icon that always had in every place in the web, for search a league, name, player or whatever, was really helpful.

Is it going to be one or is it gone?

Aug. 26, 2013
2:16:50 am

Thanks a lot for the feedback pitmans. Glad you like the new menu!

We still have a lot of new and updated features we're going to roll out over the course of the entire season. The search bar was cool, but there were also a lot of problems we found with it, which is why we took it out, but it's definitely something we'll revisit if we can find a way to improve its functionality.

Keep the feedback coming!

Aug. 26, 2013
9:54:52 pm

I'm liking the player cards, the stats and fantasy feeds. I will gladly take the meat and potatoes, over the aesthetic bells and whistles.

Aug. 27, 2013
12:24:24 am

Not a big fan of the cartoonish player pics. Normal photos were fine and easier to recognize at a glance. Everything else is looking good though, keep it up!

Aug. 27, 2013
5:48:10 am

Good job new owners!

Aug. 28, 2013
1:15:21 am

We appreciate the feedback guys. We'll keep building on this day by day as well, so expect more in the future.

Aug. 28, 2013
11:03:31 pm

I'm already missing the old colour scheme.

Sep. 3, 2013
8:05:29 am

Anyone else having problems accessing on mobile? Using BlackBerry, the blue bar at the top follows you as you scroll so it's hard to click on the correct link.

Also, no plans to update the images for GMs with more than 10(?) championships like Master_B above.

Sep. 3, 2013
4:56:27 pm

Mohawk, we're definitely aware of the issue you're having with the header. We're working on it.

As for the badges. They'll be updated too.

The list of things we're working on is a long one, don't fret.

Sep. 4, 2013
3:18:56 am

A broken record. People keep asking the same thing. The fantasy season is still 7-8 weeks away. Give them a chance. If this were November it would be a different story. Just go forward in good faith people.

Sep. 6, 2013
3:45:12 am

@Admin

Thanks for the response. Actually wasn't fretting; want to help as I like playing fantasy here (never play Y! or others) and want it to succeed and get promoted to mainstream.

Sep. 6, 2013
11:18:39 am

Has anyone else had trouble looking at last season's box scores? We need it to be able to carry over the rosters of our final regular season game for a keeper league

Sep. 6, 2013
4:09:59 pm

Hey Zallen - send us a message in the Help account and we can chat.

Sep. 7, 2013
4:13:43 pm

everything is good except those horrible pixel headshots

makes the whole site look cheap, outdated and unprofessional

The rosters page is impossible to look at now with those things on there

I have no idea what was wrong with the actual player photos

Sep. 8, 2013
8:16:14 am

Well done all for updating the site. Looks great, feels great, except for the awful pixel headshots. Please bring the photos back.

Sep. 15, 2013
8:51:49 pm

I actually find many things that I don't properly like, compared to how the previous version was.

- The search toolbar on the top right corner was very useful to quickly jump to a player's page

- The news feed on the home page was indeed close to vital while drafting, and very interesting and helpful during the season

- The "Phone friendly" gigantic logo inside the homepage of leagues is completely bugging me. It squeezes every other element of the page to a corner, please at least make it smaller..!

And lastly.. the player photos..as said already by many other people, real-life pictures were much more practical.. I also have the feeling that the majority of users don't like the new headshots, so please admin weigh the option of replacing them back, or at least making it optional for us users choosing new headshots or real-life pics.

Sep. 15, 2013
8:52:41 pm

Many thanks to the efforts of the new guys here at Sports.ws :)

I actually find many things that I don't properly like, compared to how the previous version was.

- The search toolbar on the top right corner was very useful to quickly jump to a player's page

- The news feed on the home page was indeed close to vital while drafting, and very interesting and helpful during the season

- The "Phone friendly" gigantic logo inside the homepage of leagues is completely bugging me. It squeezes every other element of the page to a corner, please at least make it smaller..!

And lastly.. the player photos..as said already by many other people, real-life pictures were much more practical.. I also have the feeling that the majority of users don't like the new headshots, so please admin weigh the option of replacing them back, or at least making it optional for us users choosing new headshots or real-life pics.

Sep. 15, 2013
8:53:41 pm

Many thanks to the efforts of the new guys here at Sports.ws :)

This is my feedback, I hope it is useful in a way

Sep. 16, 2013
12:16:05 am

Yeah what's up with the sports.ws app advertisement on the league homepage. It's overaggressive. Every time you log onto the league homepage it encompasses 85% of your vision, and slides the actual league content to the wayside. At least change it to How I Met Your Mother or something.

Sep. 16, 2013
7:26:33 pm

Nostalgyk, everything is still a work in progress, especially graphical issues like that.

Sep. 18, 2013
2:36:06 am

TOny Wroten plays for Philly now, but is listed as a Memphis player still :)

Oct. 6, 2013
12:58:08 pm

I miss the old news feeds: it was useful to check nightly performances of players still available but that you were keeping in an eye!

Oct. 10, 2013
3:34:05 pm

I agree with those making the point that the mobile app logo is too blatant on the league page. It makes that page a lot messier than it should be.

Reply: