» League Recruitment

4 owners for next season

Mar. 17, 2013
9:54:26 am

"Only for true fans" league is looking to fill four vacancies for next year. It's a competitive 30-team league which is going to be in the third year of its existence. Only serious players should contact me

Apr. 5, 2013
12:27:43 pm

I want to be in the league. Thanks.

Apr. 6, 2013
2:59:31 pm

Actually Aleksey seeks inactive owners so he can continue to beef up his own site record. He's not concerned with league parity, yet instead using the league as his own personal punching bag and monarchy. If you are a pawn and a pushover, and absent of personality then even better yet.

There will be far more than 4 spots to fill next season as owners continue to jump overboard with the precedent that was set (as Chris stated above). And that carousel will always exist as long as this league is active under it's current management.

The reality is that it is very hard to make up ground in a 30-team keeper league when your roster is terrible, and very few have that patience to begin with. Even more difficult, and futile, is trying to trade in an inactive league. You are ultimately reduced to sitting and watching, and hope you have the luck and acumen to catch fire on a late round draft pick.

But if you're not really that big of fantasy player, and are immune to hypocrisy, inconsistencies, and ever-changing rule changes than this might be the league for you.

Apr. 7, 2013
2:04:42 am

THAT WAS THE WORST FANTASY LEAGUE OF ALL TIME. DONT WASTE YOUR TIME IT WAS WORTHLESS. I GOT KICKED OUT BECAUSE I TRADED TOO MUCH. WHAT A JOKE. ALEKSEY IS THE WORST COMMISSIONER IN HISTORY. AND THAT LEAGUE HAS 20 OWNERS FROM OTHER COUNTRIES WHO DON'T EVEN LOG IN. HE NEEDS MORE THAN 4 OWNERS. MORE LIKE 14.

Apr. 9, 2013
7:24:06 pm

Those of you who are considering joining:

Here we see comments from three owners who were, in fact, are no longer a part of the league.

1. Haywood2 quit on his own. No one removed him. When he changed his mind, he was told not to come back after the use of racist language (to which I directed the attention of the website)

2. Nostalgyk lost in the first round of the playoffs. Afterwards, he dropped all his players. Despite that, I allowed him to come back if he apologized. He did not do that.

3. Shortly after, chris added nostalgyk and haywood2 as owners for his team (while removing himself). The two troublemakers proceeded to drop all the players and post a series of racist and anti-semitic comments.

This is why we now have some open spots. If you do not believe me, talk to other members of the league

Apr. 10, 2013
3:23:06 am

Exactly. What a bozo. Because 3 people quit is why there are suddenly some open spots? What's going to be the reason next year when another 10 people don't return? Big leagues are fickle. They need a steadfast set of rules from the onset that promotes parity. Unfortunately that never happened, thus the league should be tossed in the scrap pile. And "snitching" to the administrators concerning an in-house issue (owner behavior) was yet another wrong turn.

Apr. 10, 2013
4:48:42 am

I invited the current owners to come here.

The language rules in question, which chris refers to, state that no hate speech will be allowed in the league. Clearly, that rule was too much for some people

And yes, the league has some owners from other countries. I do not see why having owners from outside the United States is a bad idea

Apr. 10, 2013
7:56:04 am

I LEFT MY LEAGUE FRANCHISE AND ABANDONMENT FOR NEXT YEAR

Apr. 10, 2013
8:25:00 pm

It's a good League, even better now that the troublemakers are gone!!

Aleksey was actualy very patient... and let us not forget chris was the comisshioner for this season... so chris can't complaint about a thing.

Apr. 10, 2013
9:37:52 pm

No, that is incorrect. Chris was just the interim commish because Aleksey didn't have the brains to iron out a draft issue, so Chris had to hold his hand through it. And it's ironic, maguro, that you are tabbing other people as troublemakers when in fact you perpetuated the whole positional fiasco. Yet another stain in Aleksey's monarchy where he failed to act with any conviction as leader. That was really the turning point when people started to jump ship and lose interest in the league.

Apr. 11, 2013
5:32:28 am

The tanking controversy in question is this: we started the 2011-2012 in the midseason and the question was this: should we base the draft for the following season on the results for this season. I said that we should.

"Chris was just the interim commish because Aleksey didn't have the brains to iron out a draft issue, so Chris had to hold his hand through it"--it seems that someone is either forgetful or flat-out lying. And knowing nostalgyk, it is the second. It is true, I had trouble with setting something up. I allowed chris to become a commissioner to help me, and he had trouble as well. It was not until a suggestion by another owner was the issue resolved

"And "snitching" to the administrators concerning an in-house issue (owner behavior) was yet another wrong turn." -- I dealt with it by removing you and haywood and then reporting you, so that everyone is aware of what you are capable of

nostalgyk and haywood, I am surprised that I have not seen any anti-semitic posts from you recently. Maybe there is hope for you guys yet. Or, perhaps, you are trying to come off as reasonable people

Apr. 11, 2013
1:55:18 pm

no one's perfect eh? tbh, was more than satisfied with the way chris and Aleksey handled the league. just sucks that everyone can't get along. there was a lot of serious players so that really made the league challenging and fun.

Apr. 12, 2013
5:09:14 am

chris, you added someone who was banned from the league as a co-owner. Then your team proceeded to drop all its players. To prevent any further damage, I removed you until I could get an explanation

Apr. 13, 2013
1:28:37 am

haha that was fun dropping all of Chris' players for him. If capable I would have dumped every roster in that league! LOL

Apr. 13, 2013
7:24:31 am

chris, once again, I did not remove you as a punishment. I removed you UNTIL I could find out what was going on (which is why I reinstated you)

Apr. 13, 2013
1:23:15 pm

I would like to apologize. I would like to come back so I can dump my roster all over again.

Apr. 13, 2013
11:38:24 pm

once again, you are misinterpreting. I removed you not as a punishment, but as a precaution, so that I could find out what was going on. Your team dropped its players and you did not send me a message with the explanation

Apr. 14, 2013
12:34:38 pm

Aleksey The Rocket Scientist. 1) An owner dumps his roster and leaves. 2) Another owner adds that same person as co-owner of his team, and that roster gets dumps too. 3) What other explanation could there be? LOL

Apr. 14, 2013
4:34:50 pm

"Precaution from what?

And neither did Nostalgyk, but you left him in for a week. Just wondering why my case was completely different."

Chris, are you really not understanding the distinction? I cannot make it more clear than that. Nostalgyk was banned from the league. (As in: banned and never allowed to come back) You added him, your team dropped all its players. Following that, I removed you (As in: not a ban, a removal for precaution) in order to understand the reason. Once you explained to me what happened, I reinstated you (And, looking at the events which followed, maybe I should not have)

At any rate, my posts here are over. By now, it should be clear to everyone that I want what is best for the league. The same cannot be said about some of the people on this thread. If you are interested in becoming a member, PM me

Apr. 27, 2013
11:42:54 am

Oh, boy...someone is bored again. And yeah, adding owners from outside US might level up this league, don't you think? Or if you are so concerned with foreigners you should start a US only league. Can you do it or you are not bored enough?

Reply: