» General Discussion

Andrew Bynum: Sleeper? Or disappointment waiting to happen?

Sep. 10, 2013
3:28:13 pm

I have to come out as a Hater on this one. I've never been a big fan of AB, so it doesn't take much more than this to turn me off of rolling the dice on him altogether.

Sep. 10, 2013
3:38:29 pm

Bynum was a great sleeper candidate two years ago, and he came through big time. I happened to draft him that year he went off with the Lakers, but even so, I avoided him like the plague during last year's drafts with an inkling that he couldn't possibly hold up another year.

That being said, I can see him playing very well with the Cavs, but his upside is probably limited with Varejao, Bennett, and Thompson in tow. Still a sleeper for this year, but definitely with a lower ceiling.

Sep. 10, 2013
7:08:31 pm

I just wonder where they're going to get all of the minutes from. I love how last year they struggled with having Tyler Zeller as their starting center, now they've got a glut of forwards.

What does this all mean for Anthony Bennett in his rookie season? Are we going to see this guy getting legitimate minutes? Or have to pay his dues.

Sep. 11, 2013
3:24:18 am

If Bynum is healthy he's probably good for 25+ MPG. Same as Varejao. I think Thompson and Bennett are the ones who are going to get pinched, and have to split 35-40 MPG between them. With that said I'm not touching AB until the middle rounds somewhere in standard size leagues (same as AV), and both AB2 and TT as late rounders with a decent gap between them.

Sep. 13, 2013
6:22:27 am

I've got AB in my only keeper league, decided last season that I was going to keep him and sacrafice my performance last season.

Happy to have him this season and don't think I will need to rely on him that much anyway as with the new posistional changes I am pretty much covered at the Centre posistion with or without a good season form AB.

Sep. 14, 2013
5:47:10 pm

If Bynum his healthy, he plays 35mpg. He's a stud, the rest of their frontcourt is mediocre.

Oct. 18, 2013
6:31:19 pm

I hate the uncertainty surrounding this guy. It doesn't sound like he looks great so far - I'd be surprised if he starts this season - but they haven't ruled it out.

Reply: