» General Discussion

EA Sports' NBA LIVE is back after a 3 year hiatus!

Sep. 11, 2013
4:01:53 pm

After the NBA 2K series took off, NBA Live's creators struggled with its content. However, they made a bold move and decided to focus on the next generation of system with their next NBA Live release.

Kyrie Irving will be on the cover of NBA Live 14, and in my opinion, EA Sports has a real sleeper here, especially if you plan on picking up a PS4 or XBox One. They developed the system based on these new consoles' abilities.

Admittedly, 2K has dominated the last few years and while I have enjoyed owning each year's installment, I do think they have stalled on improving year to year and this gives EA an opportunity to provide the better game.

Sep. 11, 2013
4:19:41 pm

I was always partial to the Live series growing up, but it seems that they just hit a wall right around 2006. Not surprisingly that led to the hiatus you're talking about.

Needless to say, I have my pre-order for the PS4 edition of Live. It's likely I'll end up with both.

Have you seen the Synergy Stats stuff they rolled out at E3? How I would love to get my hands on that information...

Reply: