» General Discussion

Issue with the positions

Sep. 25, 2019
2:49:43 pm

Hi people from Sports.ws,

I´m coordinating a league with my friends (we do it every year) and I think there is a problem with the position of the players.

Some sites, it´s used the P-W-B letters and other places uses the G-W-C letters. But that´s not a mayor problem if you know what they mean. The issue is that the position you see in "LineUp" dont match the ones you see in "Team" or "Roster". And they are also different when you try to make a vote to change them. Please, check this and give us an answer when you can.

Thanks in advance

Sep. 25, 2019
7:10:01 pm

There are a few issues with how PWB positions are being displayed. This should be resolved shortly.

Sep. 30, 2019
10:23:55 am

Hi !!

I see that, at first, the positions are OK in the "LineUp"...but it´s wrong again if you try to switch positions in a player with dual positions. It is show with the GFC system.

And about that again, if you get used to work with the PWB positions, you have to do it the other way again if you try to propose a position change. GWC one more time.

Could you take a look ??

Thanks

;)

Sep. 30, 2019
11:20:10 am

Oh, and some players doesnt match their position from one place to another. For example NICKEIL ALEXANDER-WALKER. He appears as W in Teams or LineUp, but if you try to vote to change his position, he appears as G.

Oct. 1, 2019
2:37:56 pm

Please, take a look to the vote section. It needs to be corrected.

Thanks in advance,

Lulo

Oct. 7, 2019
3:56:28 pm
dear

was solved problem with PWB positions? we have to draft but positions for rookies are weird...

Oct. 7, 2019
5:53:39 pm

Hi,
I have the same problem with positions using PWB, anyone had the issue solved?

Oct. 7, 2019
8:13:58 pm

This issue has been resolved. It was definitely a bug pertaining to players who were either a) rookies or b) not established enough to have player profiles across all the publications we use in our position tool.

It has been resolved in the code. I will role out a fix to all leagues eventually but any league looking to make this change immediately can do so in the commish admin panel, just change the position to Traditional and then back to Modern.

Sorry for the inconvenience!

Oct. 7, 2019
9:28:07 pm

thank you

Oct. 7, 2019
9:35:31 pm

Still there is an issue in the voting page where player are shown as GFC and not PWF, is this minor bug still under analysis?

Oct. 7, 2019
10:15:38 pm
Thanks AK but coby white on tankathon is listed ad pg/sg and here is only P? No double position even if we adopt liberal positions?

Oct. 7, 2019
10:21:43 pm
Other players like doumbaya and ty jerome listed with double positions on tankathon have double positions here(bw and pw) but not coby white🤷‍♂️

Oct. 8, 2019
2:52:41 am

@jacopo, any time you see GFC somewhere, it’s only cosmetic. Basically G=W, F=B and C=P. Everything is GFC behind the scenes.

That said, I’ll make my rounds cleaning up the random visual bugs pertaining to PWB. I thought they had been addressed previously but I guess that’s not the case. I’ll keep you updated.

@cycling, there’s a chance those changed at Tankathon since we adopted their positions (prior to the draft). I’ll look into Coby

Oct. 8, 2019
2:49:36 pm

Thanks AK31,

Some problems yet to resolved, but it looks better.

Nickeil Alexander-Walker still appears as W in LineUp but G in "Changing a Player's Position"

Oct. 8, 2019
3:48:41 pm

The core fix has been deployed for all leagues using the Modern position format.

@lulo, what you're seeing is one of the visual things I'm describing. I'll soon clean those up as well.

"It’s only cosmetic. Basically G=W, F=B and C=P. Everything is GFC behind the scenes."

Oct. 8, 2019
9:06:38 pm
AK no news abt coby white? Will remain only P even in liberal modern format?

Thanks for your help

Oct. 9, 2019
1:53:33 pm

@AK31, I dont thinks It´s just a cosmetic problem. For example, 2 of the players of my Team, both Guards: Kyrie Irving and Nickeil Alexander-Walker.

Kyrie is P (Guard) everywhere. I get that.
Nickeil is W (I assume Wing or Forward) everywhere but If I try to change his position with a voting, he appears for te fist time as G.

It´s just and example. I think there may be more.

Thanks for your time

Oct. 9, 2019
9:22:42 pm

thank you AK31, everything fine now.

Oct. 11, 2019
2:55:10 pm

By the way, in our league, we have voted 2 position changes: Bam Adebayo and Derrick Favors. They both appers had just 1 position in the game and NBA.com says they can play as Forwards and Center.

OK, so we voted it from F to FC and now in the "LineUp" or "Team" page, they appear as PW. It makes no sense. I understand now they can play Guard and Wings ???

Please, take a look and let us know how to act about it.

Thanks in advance,

Oct. 14, 2019
10:03:34 am

Please, take a look at this.

I´m still waiting for an answer in here or through the support section. We now have in our league two big men playing Guard because we voted them FC

Oct. 15, 2019
9:05:43 am

Another:

Jabari Parker appears as B in LineUp and we know (nba.com says the same) that he is a Forward.

We try to vote him to have this position, but un the vote section, he his F.

It doesn´t match and we don´t know what to do with it.

Please, help

Reply: