» General Discussion

Now Available: Preseason Stats

Oct. 15, 2019
9:43:06 pm

I'm working on an all new stat page, which should allow for more filtering options and an improved user experience.

I'm testing out the new tool with preseason statistics for the 2019-20 NBA season.

Check it out here: https://sports.ws/nba/stats

There are some design elements that I'd like to address in the near future but the core functionality is there.

Take a minute to get a feel for the new mechanics. The data displayed has also been changed. See what you like, see what you think it still needs, etc.

Still to come:
-The ability to add/drop/claim a player from the Stats page
-The ability to watch/unwatch a player from the Stats page
-The ability to sort by last X days

PS: Yes, this is what broke the draft page this morning... I apologize!

AK

Oct. 15, 2019
9:43:57 pm

One asterisk, this may be a little wacky for users in PWB leagues. That will be resolved shortly.

Oct. 15, 2019
10:22:47 pm

This is amazing ak31! Contract figures, easier to filter with the live search box and with the picklists at the top. Really nice, and it will be even better when you add those things you mentioned, especially the Add/Drop feature.

Are you planning to roll it out before the start of the RS?

Oct. 16, 2019
7:39:17 am

It seems nice...but yeah, we need it to be easier to understand with the positions. I dont get how to work at the same time with PWB and GFC.

As long as I know, it goes like that (correct me if I´m wrong):

G=P
F=W
C=B

So I dont understand how to play with the two systems at the same time. It happend the same in different tabs of the game.

Please, explain it.

Thanks in advance

Oct. 16, 2019
7:53:53 am

Hey AK,

Nice one!
One suggestion is to adjust the interface so that we can watch (for example) Forwards and Guards at the same time.
Ticking the boxes was very convenient in that sense.
Other than that it looks great, and I love the fact that (with the "live" search function) I don't have to click "show all" to be able to search, this is really helpful :)

Cheers,
Mike

Oct. 16, 2019
9:12:19 am

I think you already erase the GFC positions from the players (not from the combobox, but its OK).

Good call

:)

Oct. 16, 2019
2:38:19 pm

@Mike: Yeah, I'm finding myself interested in going back to the old ticky boxes myself.
@Lulo: Like I said, PWB wasn't fully optimized when I wrote that message. It should be better now though.

Oct. 16, 2019
5:58:28 pm

+1 on Mike request. It can save a ton of time compare the new interface

Oct. 17, 2019
7:17:20 am

@ak31, the new stats looks great. It works fast and it´s very helpful.

We just need the issue with the position of some players I already mencioned to be resolved or at least that the vote section works with the PWB system, like the rest of the web, so we can change the players manually.

Oct. 18, 2019
6:58:47 am

Hey there Mr AK!

Just noticed something else: when you use the filter to see (for example) only players who are available, the live search function will still give you results disregarding the filters.
Not particularly a problem, but why not report it :)

Cheers,
Mike

Oct. 19, 2019
9:51:55 am

Can we get these on the lineup screen?

Reply: